Many players have
wondered how Apogee would follow the success of Wolfenstein 3D. The answer is "Blake
Stone: Aliens of Gold"! Wolf3D took you into the past; thrust into a world at war.
Blake rockets you into the future where a sinister madman, using genetics to create an
army of bizarre creatures, is waging war on Earth. Blake has more of everything! More
action, more enemies, more levels, more firepower, more graphics, more animation, more
pitfalls and many more features. Like built-in auto-mapping, so you never have to worry
about getting lost in the game.
"Blake Stone...isn't simply Son of Wolfenstein...it's a wish list fulfilled,
enhancing the Wolfenstein canon with many sensible tweaks and some new tricks that'll make
your jaw drop." -- Electronic Entertainment
You're pitted against Dr. Pyrus Goldfire. He's found a way to replicate pure gold, which
he's using to fund his maniacal plan. Goldfire has built six highly secure, futuristic
locations where his creations are being hatched. It's up to you to penetrate his security
and stop him at all costs.
Upon ordering you'll receive the Blake Stone manual, which includes a comic style
illustrated story that leads you into the game. You'll also get the secret cheat code
which gives full health, all the weapons, full ammo, and all the key cards (giving you
access to every area in the game).
"The first-person viewpoint and smooth movement will have you peering
sideways into the monitor' to see if there's another monster around the corner." --
- Ending cinematics in each episode.
- Diminishing lighting effects.
- Built-in automapping feature (two modes available).
- Unique boss enemy in each episode.
- Crates can be blown apart to reveal weapons and other goodies!
- One-way doors (once you go in, you must find another way out!)
- Direct Level Transport (DLT) warps you to secret levels!
- Electrically-linked doors (multiple doors open at once!)
- Roving mines that explode when shot (chain reaction
- Lots of goodies (gold, money bags, food, ammo, etc.)
- Over 20 unique actors (guards, aliens, mutants, pods, etc!)
- Interactive informants within the game, giving you clues and
- Smart actors, who'll grab your ammo before you do, or retreat.
- Internal scenarios (hi-tech buildings, space station,
- Five futuristic weapons (from a silent-shot gun to a grenade
- Adlib & Sound Blaster support (FM and digitized sound
effects, IN STEREO!)
- 66 total levels (two secret levels per episode).
- ...and much, MUCH MORE!
3D graphics, brilliant music and digitized sound effects,
intense action--it's all waiting for you in Blake Stone!
released December 5, 1993.