Max Payne Patch v1.05 Released!
Today we are releasing two new patches for Max Payne. One is for the retail version, and one is for the demo. The v1.05 patch fixes the following issues with the game:
* Game exits with the error message "Out of memory vertex buffer".
* Game exits when loading a new level.
The following issues were addressed in earlier patches:
* The clock and other desktop icons are no longer randomly flashing when playing the game
* The issues with the game crashing into Windows' desktop when loading a new map have been addressed
* Game doesn't start with some CD-Rom drives; a newer version of SafeDisc protection has been used.
The two patch files are available for download right now - you can grab them from our FTP server by clicking on the links below. Other download links will be added once we're made aware of them. There was no v1.03 or v1.04 patch released for the game. The v1.05 patch will update any current version of Max Payne, you do not need the older patches first (in other words, this is an all inclusive patch).
Full version v1.05 patch (maxpayne1-05patch.exe - 4.87Mb)
Demo version 1.05 patch (maxpaynedemo1-05patch.exe - 4.54Mb)