Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project Demo Released
Available today is a demo for Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, the hit PC game from ARUSH & 3D Realms. Without further ado, here's some info about the game:
Duke has a new nemesis, and this time it's not scumbag aliens! It may be even worse..
Mech Morphix has perfected GLOPP (Gluon Liquid Omega Phased Plasma), a slimy, radioactive substance that mutates living things on contact. After using his own henchman guinea pigs, turning them into grotesque beasts, he unleashed the ozze on the city of New York. With an elaborate pipeline to manufacture and ship the powerful plasma to a secret labl, Morphix plans to use it to take over the world (of course).
Morphix thinks GLOPP will help him rule the planet, but Duke's GLOPP powered weapons just might turn the tables on Morphix's plan!
* Fast-action 3rd person platform gaming in a rich 3D environment
* Dynamic, zoomable camera gets you close to the action and shows Duke battling it out from many different angles
* 8 huge, immersive NY-themed missions: Rooftop Rebellion, Chinatown Chiller, Metro Madness, Unholy Underworld, Fearsome Factory, Tanker Trouble, Deviant Drilling and the final out-of-this-world episode
* 9 powerful weapons: Golden Eagle Pistol, Shotgun, Assault Rifle, Pipe Bomb, GLOPP Ray, Pulse Cannon, Pneumatic Rocket-Propelled Grenade Launcher and the Mighty Boot kick. Plus, some weapons get powerful upgrades by collecting all Nuke symbols in the various skill levels, leading up to the incredible X-3000!
* More than 25 enemies ranging from the Gator-Oids, mutated Uzi-wielding alligators, to Fem-Mechs, female robot mutants with deadly whips. Classic Duke enemies like the PigCops will also be among the dead piled up at your feet
* True Duke Nukem action and attitude, great weapon effects and sarcastic one-liners
* Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
* Pentium II 350 or faster (recommended P III 500 or faster)
* 64 MB RAM, DirectX 8.1 compatible 8 MB 2xAGP enabled video accelerator or faster (recommended 32MB video accelerator)
* DirectX compatible sound card, DirectX 8.1 (included in full version CD)
* 300 MB hard disk space, supports joysticks and game controllers and force feedback
Need more info? You can check out the official site over at this page. The demo is available for download from these locations:
* 3D Gamers
Posted by Joe Siegler on July 1, 2002 at 5:00 PM | Permalink
News Categories: Manhattan Project