FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New York, NY - September 2, 1999
GT INTERACTIVE, 3D REALMS, AND TORUS GAMES SHIP
'DUKE NUKEM' FOR THE GAME BOY COLOR
The Raw Power of Gaming's Undisputed King of Action
Placed in the Palm of Your Hand!
His kingdom now stretches to the vast lengths and widths of every current gaming platform, as GT Interactive Software Corp. (Nasdaq:GTIS) announces the release of Duke Nukem for the Game Boy Color. Developed by Torus Games, Duke Nukem's first Game Boy title features 16 vivid levels, each with a bold new look, a plethora of destructive weapons and alien enemies whose focus is to destroy the infamous Duke Nukem.
"Your Game Boy is about to become a man, as the legendary Duke Nukem extends his undisputed reign to yet another gaming platform," said Tony Kee, Director of Marketing for GT Interactive. "With the Game Boy Color, millions of fans worldwide can now carry the explosive power of Duke Nukem wherever they go."
Duke Nukem for the Game Boy Color features an incredibly sophisticated game engine providing high-octane gameplay that will 'nuke' your Game Boy! In addition to classic Duke Nukem adrenaline-pumping gameplay, the Game Boy Color delivers state of the art animation and graphics, as well as a "built in battery-pack" that allows the player to save their game at any point, rather than at the end of each level like the majority of titles for the Game Boy.
Duke Nukem for the Game Boy Color features:
- 16 explosive levels of full color action
- Built in battery pack- allows you to save your game at any point during the
- Richer backgrounds and vivid graphics that give every level a bold new
- Annihilating weapons including the blaster, laser cannon, missiles, and dual purpose flame thrower that also acts as a
- Angry hordes of enemies and mutants including Robo-droids and
- Extensive Duke mobility! He flips, walks hand over hand across pipes, chains and ropes, he crouches and shoots
- Space shuttle fighter rides for varied
- Special powers including invincibility, super shots and deadlier
- Secret interactive features such as soda can power-ups, turkey for food, and explosive secret
Duke Nukem for the Game Boy Color is currently available at a suggested retail price of $29.95. Additional information regarding Duke Nukem for the Game Boy Color can be found online at
Headquartered in New York, GT Interactive Software Corp. (Nasdaq:GTIS) is a leading global developer, publisher and distributor of interactive consumer software. The company maintains seven internal development studios: Humongous Entertainment, Cavedog Entertainment, SingleTrac, WizardWorks,
Oddworld, Legend Entertainment and Reflections. The company has publishing operations throughout the world with offices in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Holland and Australia. GT Interactive's ecommerce system provides secure online transactions through each of the studios' Web sites and
www.gtstore.com. GT Interactive can be found on the Internet at