Take flight in this pure action
game that should come with a barf bag! Climb into Terminal Velocity now and you'll never
go back to flight simulators that offer combat as an "option." Terminal Velocity
IS combat! And without the difficult controls presented by all flight simulator style
Created by the former lead programmer of Microsoft Flight Simulator, Terminal Velocity
features a fast frame rate, realistic outdoor environments, and the unique ability to fly
through tunnels and into underground caverns. Quite simply, Terminal Velocity is all about
action, speed and destruction.
Terminal Velocity comes on CD-ROM only (the floppy disk version has been discontinued and
is no longer available.) This version has everything: 70 Megs of 3D rendered cinematics,
SVGA (640 by 480) support, high resolution replacement textures (add 16 times the graphics
detail!), the BONUS planet!, eight network player support, and bonus games.
THE TERMINAL STORY
In the far future, armadas from surrounding systems have
suddenly waged war on Earth, destroying crucial installations and major cities, Earth is
quickly brought to its knees. You are a pilot from the Ares Squadron, flying the fastest,
most dangerous crafts ever made. Currently, you're in the TV-202, a fighter few can
handle. Given that the previous model, the TV-101, has chalked up more dead pilots than
any experimental craft in history, many consider you lucky to be alive. You're outgunned,
outmanned, and strapped into a flying coffin. But just think how good "Saved the
Known Galaxy" will look on your resume'.
A RUSH OF FEATURES
- Fast texture mapped 3D flight with full 360 degree movement.
- 9 totally unique planets, with 3 levels per planet, and dozens
- Over 400,000 sq. miles of terrain--incredibly large levels.
- 7 destructive weapons, plus other power-ups.
- Non-stop air-to-air and air-to-ground realistic combat.
- SVGA support (640 x 480 resolution). This is a
- 8 player network and 2 player modem support.
- Many, many secret cheats.
- Enemy ships cast translucent shadows, bank, roll, do loops,
make suicide runs and more.
- 70+ Megs of 3D rendered, full-motion, eye-candy cinematics.
- Special Pentium mode to improve textured graphics.
- BONUS PLANET! Discover the secret planet!
- FREE! Several cool shareware games included.
- Supports modem, serial cable, and network multiplayer games.
- Network games up to 8 players!
- Each player can select a different ship to pilot.
- RemoteRidicule allows players to send digitized voice messages
to other players
Originally released May 1,