Prey v1.2 PC Patch Released
Today we're bringing you the latest Prey patch for the PC. This is the "additional content" patch you've been hearing about. This new content came out earlier today for the Xbox 360, and now we're releasing it for the PC as well. Here's a short listing of what is new in this patch:
Five new multiplayer characters/skins: Becky, Elhuit, Hunter, Elite Hunter, & Jen
Four new multplayer maps: Gravity Labs, Space Oddity, Topillogical, Tunnel Rat
There's a few notes about the patch:
- This will work on either v1.0 or v1.1 of Prey.
- This is only for customers who bought the CD or DVD version. We will have an announcement very shortly on how Triton customers will be handled.
- There are no new game play modes in this patch.
- An updated version of the Windows server files are included with the patch.
- An updated version of the Linux server files are available seperately (see downloads page)
In addition to the new content, there are a couple of bug fixes in this version, too:
- Network protocol version bump (will no longer be able to see 1.1 or 1.0 servers)
- Installer will now update uninstaller. This fixes the missing installer problem.
- Game DLL interface bump for upcoming mod SDK release (so mods will only work with v1.2)
- Fix for a weapon switch exploit
You can download this patch right now by visiting the Prey download page here on the 3D Realms website. If you'd like to read more about the new levels and characters, then continue to read more of this story here:
PREY v1.2 README:
This add-on includes new maps and multiplayer models as well as a number of bug fixes from previous versions. Please note that this version is network incompatible with previous versions, so by installing this version you will not be able to join any 1.0 or 1.1 multiplayer servers.
This add-on includes four new multiplayer maps and six new multiplayer characters.
New DeathMatch Maps:
The original DM maps in Prey were best suited for 4-8 players. The maps in this add-on were designed for smaller number of players, especially for 1v1 or 2v2 play.
DM Gravity Lab: DMGravityLab takes place on board a floating extension of the Sphere's main Spindle. Players will find themselves running along wallwalk and hanging catwalks all throughout the map. Snipers get to have fun this time around with a large outdoor section complete with wallwalk platforms and portals. Designed for 6 players.
DM Topillogical: The first Prey DM map to feature Outward Gravity. Run 360 degrees around the inside of a giant Sphere to get the best firing position on your enemies. Intriguing side-rooms offer gravity-warping corridors and devious wall-walk ammo depots. Fast-paced action for 4 players.
DM Tunnel Rat: Danger lurks in all directions but down in this maze-running map designed for 6 players. Sharp twists and turns conceal danger at every corner, but eyes up! A mirrored version of the maze forms the ceiling above you.
DM Space Oddity: DM Space Oddity is designed for 4 players and features a large central crossover room with perpendicular gravity pathways. Rack up the kills by dominating the crossover with a rocket launcher!
New Multiplayer Models:
Several new character models are available in DM, three female characters and two alien characters:
Jen: Jen is Tommy's girlfriend, and the owner of the Roadhouse bar. Don't let her dainty looks fool you: all those years of serving drinks to random travelers have toughened her up and made her quite the ass-kicker.
Becky: This young blonde is an unfortunate victim of the Sphere. First aliens abduct her and now she finds herself fighting for her life in a deathmatch arena!
Elhuit: The leader of a race of humans who managed to hide and survive living on the Sphere for centuries.
Mother: Mother is a tough, enigmatic character. All you need do is prove your worth.
Alien Hunter: The Hunter is part of a race taken by the Sphere long ago. Now the Hunter serves as one of the chief minions of the Sphere, acting as an enforcer force for any humans who try to escape.
Elite Alien Hunter: Same badass Hunter, cooler-looking armor.
This update also includes a number of bug fixes:
* Network protocol version bump (will no longer be able to see 1.1 or 1.0 servers)
* Installer will now update uninstaller. This fixes the missing installer problem.
* Game DLL interface bump for upcoming mod SDK release (so mods will only work with v1.2)
* Fix for a weapon switch exploit